How to Install Certificates on OS X Lion Server
Intermediate Certificate Installation
- Copy the file DigiCertCA.crt to the Mac server, then double-click this file. You will then be prompted to enter the administrator's credentials to authenticate in order to add this certificate to the System Keychain.
- Open the Server App, click to select which Mac Server you're installing the SSL Certificate onto then enter your login details to authenticate.
- Under the Hardware Section, select 'your Server's name' and click the Settings tab, then for SSL Certificate click Edit...
- Choose the certificate for 'your.domain.com - Self-signed', and click the Gear and from the Actions menu choose Replace Certificate with Signed or Renewed Certificate.
- Drag the file your_domain_com.crt into the window. This will make the issued by field change to DigiCert High Assurance CA-3. Click the Replace Certificate button.
- While still in the Settings tab click the Editâ€¦ button for SSL Certificate. Select the SSL Certificate for your domain and click Ok. It should show the certificate is issued by DigiCert High Assurance CA-3.
After about a minute you should see the Settings tab display 'SSL Certificate: your.domain.com'Your SSL Certificate should now be properly installed.