How to Install Certificates on FileMaker Server 15 and Later
- FileMaker Server
Purchase a SSL certificate
Select a SSL certificate to purchase from a Certificate Authority (CA). The following certificates were tested by FileMaker Inc. If you use a certificate not on this list, be sure to test the certificate before using it in production.
To complete the purchase, you may be asked to do the following:
- Paste or upload the contents of your CSR: Open serverRequest.pem in a text editor and copy the entire contents into the space provided on the CA's website. (Including -Begin Certificate Request- and -End Certificate Request-)
- Provide the server's FQDN.
- Select a signature hash algorithm (use SHA-2 with SHA-1 root).
- Select "Other" as the server software used to generate the CSR.
- Validate by email that you are the owner of the domain name specified in the CSR.
Multi-machine deployments: purchase a wildcard certificate that can be imported on all machines.