How to Generate Certificate Signing Request on cPanel 11
cPanel's SSL/TLS functions are handled by the SSL/TLS Manager module. This area will allow you to generate: SSL certificates, signing requests, and keys. These are all critical parts of using SSL to secure your website.
The first step in generating an SSL certificate is to create a Private Key. Start by reading the instructions in the Private Keys (KEY) section below.
Step 1: Private Keys (KEY)
- Click on the Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys
- When the page loads, scroll to the bottom and you will see the Generate a New Key section.
Enter the domain you want to create an SSL Certificate in the Host text box or you can select the domain from the Select a Domain drop down menu.
- Click on the Generate button.
- Click on Return to SSL Manager.
- When the page loads, click on the Go Back link. This will take you to the main SSL/TLS Manager page.
Step 2: Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
- Click on Generate, view, or delete SSL Certificate signing requests
- When the page loads, set the following:
- Host - Select the domain name from the drop down menu.
- Country - Enter your two-digit country code.
- State - Enter your two-digit state abbreviation.
- City - Enter your city's name.
- Company Division - Enter your company's division.
- Email - Enter your email address.
- Pass Phrase - Enter any phrase you want to use for the pass phrase.
- Click on the Generate button. (You will now be e-mailed a copy of your CSR.)
- Click on Go Back
Congratulations you now have a CSR and Private Key ready to use.