1. Installing the Root "&" Intermediate Certificates:
You will have received 4 Certificates from Positive SSL. Save these SSL Certificate to the desktop of the web server machine, then:
- Click the Start Button then select Run and type mmc
- Click File and select Add/Remove Snap in
- Select Add, select Certificates from the Add Standalone Snap-in box and click Add
- Select Computer Account and click Finish
- Close the Add Standalone Snap-in box, click OK in the Add/Remove Snap in
- Return to the MMC
To install the UTN-USERFirst-Hardware.crt:
- Right click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities, select All Tasks, select Import.
- Click Next.
- Locate the UTN-USERFirst-Hardware.crt Certificate and click Next.
- When the wizard is completed, click Finish.
- To install the AddTrustUTNServerCA.crt Certificate:
- Right click the Intermediate Certification Authorities, select All Tasks and then select Import.
- Complete the import wizard again, but this time locating the AddTrustUTNServerCA.crt Certificate when prompted for the Certificate file.
- Repeat these steps for the other intermediate PositiveSSLCA.crt
- Ensure that the PositiveSSLCA.crt certificate appears under Trusted Root Certification Authorities
- Ensure that the AddTrustUTNServerCA.crt and PositiveSSLCA.crt appear under Intermediate Certification Authorities
Installing your IIS SSL Certificate:
- Select Administrative Tools
- Start Internet Services Manager
- Open the properties window for the website. You can do this by right clicking on the Default Website and selecting Properties from the menu.
- Open Directory Security by right clicking on the Directory Security tab
- Click Server Certificate. The following Wizard will appear:
- Choose to Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate. Click Next.
- Enter the location of your IIS SSL Certificate (you may also browse to locate your IIS SSL Certificate), and then click Next.
- Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct SSL Certificate, and then click Next.
- You will see a confirmation screen. When you have read this information, click Next.
- You now have an IIS SSL server certificate installed.
Important: You must now restart the computer to complete the install
You may want to test the Web site to ensure that everything is working correctly. Be sure to use when you test connectivity to the site.
Installing the Root and Intermediate Certificates
If you have any problems with the installation of your certificate on IIS 5x / 6x, check you have installed the root and intermediate certificates correctly, by following the instructions here